Hiring a Pest Control company in Cary, N.C. 5 questions to ask.
In Cary N.C. there are many pest control companies to choose from. How do you know which company is right for you? I have been in the Pest Control industry since I was a kid and throughout the years I have heard many complaints about certain things consumers later found out about the Pest Control company they signed up with. Here are five of the most common complaints I hear when it comes to Pest Control service for Cary homeowners.
- If you use their service will you be obligated to continue using it for a whole year (sometime longer)? This is a very popular complaint. Often times when I go to a home in Cary the first thing they say is “I don’t wanna have to keep using your service if I decide I don’t want to”. Most companies today do have contracts for pest control service and not all of them will allow you to discontinue service without paying a penalty.
- If I sign up for your service can I be notified on when you will come to my home? Common complaint; The Pest Control Company left me a bill but never serviced my home. Many Pest Control services today focus on the service being convenient and usually pests can be controlled by servicing the outside of the home only, but make sure you are clear on how you want your home serviced and if you want them to call you or spray the inside make sure they know that. Most importantly make sure they are the type of company that will come back at no charge if you ever have a problem with service.
- How much time will you spend at my home for this service? This is another one that I hear pretty often. Sometimes pest control technicians are loaded down with work especially during the spring and if they have too many stops they may try to complete your service in 10 to 15 mins. Rushing a job can make it sloppy and sometimes a pest control tech might accidentally leave a mess and not even notice it.
- Will you charge me a fee if I have a problem and need you to come back for a re service? This is another Pest control contract issue, that you want to be clear about up front. Not all companies will do resprays for free.
- Are you licensed and insured? It may seem crazy to have to ask this but believe it or not we do still run across unlicensed companies who sometimes even advertise in the phone book and on line. You can verify licensing information by contacting the North Carolina Structural Pest Control Division.